Thursday, April 03, 2008

Getting bookish...

So...it's been over a year since I posted on the photo blog. Sorry about that. It has also been over a year since I began shooting and altering photos for my Rovinato series.

The series now numbers over 100 photographs, and I am in the process of creating a book of the series. The preliminary layout is done, and now I have to write all the copy. In the meantime, I thought that I might start blogging here again.

This photo is called Fort Fisher Moon. The scenic photograph that it uses was taken in the early, early morning hours way back in 1991. Fort Fisher is at the south end of the Pleasure Island area, and was the site of some battles during the Civil War. It is said that a ghost or two can be seen there.

I had been contracted to shoot a cover for our local phone book, and while waiting for the sun to rise, I got lots of very moody shots like this one.'

I used one of my favorite textures in this one, the sign from a building in the Cotton Exchange that housed a wholesale grocery a long time ago. In the shot of the original texture/sign, you can see where the sign was rotated from time to time, and a new sign was painted over the top of it.

No comments: